Wednesday, September 17, 2008

First long drawings





Following my progression through the pictures form top to bottom you can see an absolute progression. The first drawing was mainly focusing on the imaginary outlines that appear to encase the figure. This was the first drawing before any instruction was given. The next two focus on the long axis lines. This is a much more representational view of the actual structure and form of the figure. I added a skull, rudimentary rib cage, and a rough pelvis in order for the figure to be more connected and for the figure drawing looks more like a human figure and less like a stick figure. Drawing the long axis instead of the body's outlines is a much easier and more accurate way to start out a figure drawing. This way everything is drawn proportional from the start and each limb is drawn with its correct curvature. The last drawing was the most recent and it was meant to focus on the spinal cord, with specific attention to the 4 curves that make up the spine. Although this figure was facing towards me, so there really isn't much spine detail that can be seen. The sternum on the other hand can be seen and the curve of the chest and stomach is depicted. After the long axis lines were drawn in I drew rough lines that depict the feet, hands, and rude muscles in the arms and legs. Overall I feel I have developed my drawing skill really well for a short amount of time that has passed. What i've learned will continue to grow and my skill will become more realistic.

No comments: