Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Sample of Works


Self Portrait
This was a large self portrait I created in fall semester of 2007. The entire image is created with pen and ink. The guidelines were to create a self portrait using only words. Overlapping and layering of the words was encouraged. In total this took more time then I anticipated but overall I believe it came out successful. The feathering of the words created a very believable and realistic shading gradient, which gave dimension to the overall portrait. This was by far the largest drawing I have ever done.





Puppeteer
This image was created for drawing II class taken at Stout the spring semester of 2008. This was my first mixed media project that I have tried. The composition was completely imagined and the subject matter was pretty much random. This image came to me one day and I still am not aware of what I was trying to represent or say with it. The image was drawn using pastels on a black presentation board. After the image was completely drawn, white thread was stitched through the presentation board to give the look of the hand controlling the puppet. This image in person has very vivid colors which are amplified with the all black background.


Destiny
This image was my final project for the drawing II class in the spring semester of 2008. This as well was my first water color painting I have ever done. The criteria was to emulate another artists style. I chose Frank miller, who most people would know now as the mind behind comic book that inspired the movie 300th. The muted warm tones along side the vibrant red and black are very reminiscent of his comic books. The image is very very detailed and is probably my favorite piece of art work I have done yet. The subject matter is taken form the anime Full Metal Alchemist and is a still frame from the show. The color and style of the image was added to the still frame to make it reminiscent of Frank millers work.


All these images can be seen as well as the rest of my portfolio on my website. My Portfolio

1 comment:

Erik Gannon said...

All I can say is wow. You have a very realistic style and I am amazed at your talent. Your computer renderings are really talented and I wish I can someday get to your level. Good work.